The BBC have made public performance stats relating to the iPlayer. I haven't seen something like this before myself so it's refreshing to get public access to this much info. I hope they keep it up on a monthly basis.
Here's a few highlights:
- BBC iPlayer has seen a stable performance in 2012 – averaging around 190 million requests per month, with over 140m for TV programmes and around 46m for radio programmes.
- There were 187m requests in May with the majority of platforms and devices seeing an increase in requests.
- The Voice, The Apprentice and Russell Howard’s Good News continued to deliver the highest request numbers for TV programmes this month along with new series of Episodes, Planet Earth Live and Silk.
- For radio, BBC Sport coverage continued to be popular, with the final day of the Premier League Manchester City vs. QPR match and The Test Match Special receiving the highest requests.
- Other shows that made the top 20 included The Chris Moyles Show with Will Smith and The Chris Moyles Show Live in BBC Exeter.